Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Finally, a chance to write

I have tried to keep diaries in the past, but never seem to have time to sit down and write every day. I hope to try to keep up with this, but make no promises. Many people I know are starting blogs, so I have crawled up onto the bandwagon. My main purpose here, though, is to write. I don't really care if anyone else reads this - but I'll be glad if someone does. (Hopefully I can at least count on my Mom). I have pretty crazy observations come into my head at all hours of the day, and I intend to share them here. I will probably be sharing alot of crazy pet stories also, and I might even learn to post pictures if the right mood hits me.

Here's my first observation. We watched Saturday Night Live last weekend, and Tom Brady was the host. I had never really paid attention to what Tom Brady looks like, especially since he's usually in a helmet. Well, first impression was that he's pretty darn good looking. But as the hour wore on (watching an athelete try to act can wear on your nerves) I began to think that his good looks are sterile. Boring, even. He reminded me of a male Stepford Wife. This thought led me to think about other people who have boring good looks. I think Tom Cruise has boring good looks. I also started thinking about people who aren't really attractive, but are interesting looking. I was watching one of my favorite movies, Summertime, with Katherine Hepburn, and someone in the movie tells her she is interesting looking. Would I rather be told I was attractive, or interesting looking? I think with all of the plastic surgery and cookie cutter ideals of what "attractive" is these days - I'd pick interesting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seldom watch Sat. Night Live but I did catch the first of the show last week. I agree - once you get past his extreme good looks Tom Brady just looked silly. This makes me think of other athletes who have looked silly trying to act or sing or dance. Then I thought of actors trying to be athletes (remember the TV shows in the 80's with actors competing against each other in different sporting evens. I don't believe I ever watched one but I remember the commercials. Uh-Oh - now I am thinking of politicians trying to be actors or
EVEN WORSE - Actors who think they are politicians. I rest my case.

Anonymous said...

Apparently I can't spell events.

Anonymous said...

Who is Tom Brady?

Julie said...

Ooh - I'm so happy you're doing this! I'm having so much fun with mine. If Kathy and I both figured out how to post pictures I know you can do it too. But if you decide to take a stab shoot me an email and I'll try to give you some pointers.

And we couldn't last too long through SNL last Saturday either. It can just get a little too painful watching people trying to be funny that just aren't.