Monday, May 30, 2005

The little guy didn't make it

We went to Bergeron's to rent movies for our Memorial Day Marathon on Saturday, and they are going out of business. They're selling all of their inventory and closing up. I was so sad, I couldn't think straight. We didn't ask why, just told them how sorry we were. It could be because of Mr. Bergeron's poor health, or it could be because the location they choose really didn't end up being a very good decision. I think Old Handley was on the verge of becoming a vibrant part of East Fort Worth when they moved there. But some of the surrounding businesses have closed since they moved in, and the area is getting a little run down again. But I'm sure the biggest culprit is Blockbuster.

We are currently searching for another neighborhood rental store, but I don't think there's one close to us.

Maybe it's time to try Netflix, but that really isn't going to make me feel better about the end of Bergeron's.

No comments: