Thursday, July 06, 2006

The back porch

Since we've only been in our house since November, it's taken me a little while to get adjusted to our new yard. But I'm discovering that the Nesting Stage of pregnancy involves more than just getting the nursery ready. My project for last week was the back porch. It's not a big space, but it's cozy enough for a porch swing, bistro table, and a grill. And the dogs to lounge on.

I added some old but comfy pillows to the porch swing, bought some cool lights (on sale-yay!!) at Target, and instantly our porch became a funner place to hang out. Of course, it's helped to have some slightly cooler weather lately. I still want to paint the porch swing and add a few sturdy side tables to put books and drinks on - then I'll be done, at least until next spring!

No comments: