Friday, July 14, 2006

Easy money-and less clutter

We had a successful first-time Ebay sale a few weeks ago. We sold Jav's old kitchen table and chairs. We ended up getting more than twice our starting asking price, which just made me giddy thinking of more possible sales. We named our Ebay store Molly and Stanley's Attic after our dogs. I thought it sounded very old-fashioned and grandmotherish and would pull in people's curiosity. So now we're going to try to sell my antique green velvet couch.

This week we also gave our other garaged couch to a friend of mine at work who just got her own place. Even though we were hoping to sell it, it felt good to be helping her out.

And today, I sold our old A/C window unit for $50.00 to a guy a work. He had said he really needed one yesterday, but I told him we needed to make sure it was cleaned up and working well after sitting in the garage since we moved. When I called him this morning, he said he had already bought a new one, but he'd still take a look. Well, I talked up that it was barely used, and that it still blew really cold air, and he eventually gave me cash for it right on the spot. Of course, I did come down on the asking price by a little. And of course, it was 100 in the shade at the time. But still, I was pretty proud of my salesmanship skills.

We're getting closer to saying hello to our other garage car space! And without any mention of that most dreaded of all dreaded things - a garage sale.

No comments: