Sunday, August 12, 2007

Stupid funny

I forgot to list another of my favorite TV shows on my "40" blog, because we've only seen it three times now. It's an HBO show called Flight of the Conchords and it's such candy for my tired brain. It's two guys in a not very successful band, and both seem to be one taco short of a combination plate. They make up songs based on what's going on in their lives and the lyrics are very stream-of-consciousness, but hysterical. And they sing their songs in a music video with choreography, costumes and extras, then it goes back to just them living their regular boring lives. The oddest thing is they are both really good musicians and composers, and the songs stay with me for days, even though they are so silly. I'll find myself humming them and laugh out loud. The last episode (Girlfriends) had one of the guys with a crush on a girl who sold him his croissant every morning, so all of a sudden they were all riding around on bicycles with pastel colored clothes and it looked like a 60's Catherine Deneuve movie. The funniest part (as usual) was the lyrics, which sounded like someone reading out of a French language textbook. Numbers, colors, very simple verb conjugations. Here it is, click on Foux Da Fa Fa. So stupid it verges on genius. I love it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

We LOVE Flight of the Conchords!

Parlez-vous le francais?