Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I'll make my Tuesday a Fat one, thank you

Because I am giving up sweets for Lent (which starts tomorrow), I am having a very literal Fat Tuesday. I wasn't thinking about it starting so soon, so we have alot of sweets in the house. And I must eat them all up, today. Yes, I am becoming a good Catholic, and that means that I am not above a little cheating now and then. But if it's not here, I can't eat it. So along with regular food today, I must eat 6 peanut butter/chocolate cookies, 3 tapioca pudding cups, about a fourth of a carton of Breyer's Cookie Jar ice cream, and even less of a tub of Cool Whip (Light, of course). I'm making a pretty good dent and it's just barely 1:00 pm. (In fact, I better leave a little ice cream just in case Jav wants to have a little Fat Tuesday celebration tonight too.)

I never really understood the mystique about Mardi Gras, that is until today. I'm having a wonderful time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bigger temptation is having them in the house and NOT eating any - now THAT would be a good Lenten discipline.
(yeah, right)