Sunday, August 24, 2008

A banner day

I finally remembered to take my canvas shopping bags to Wal-Mart for grocery shopping today.  After forgetting them dozens of times at home, I had packed them in the pocket on the back of the drivers' seat.   I still forgot them a couple of times, but then one day last week walked back to the car after walking in without them again.  I think after today I have made it a habit and will not forget again.  Whether or not I can get the check-out clerks to use them in a friendly manner is another story all together.

Since I am now writing an ongoing short article for my neighborhood newsletter titled "Easy Tips for Going Green", and my last topic was reducing plastic bag use, it would be embarrassing to see any of my neighbors while I unload the car with tons of plastic bags!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I've actually had my bags on the front seat next to me and STILL forgot to take them in to Tom Thumb.