Monday, September 01, 2008

Fun late summer evening






A few weeks ago, we had my niece Macy spend the night.  We had a delightful day.  She and Gabriel and I visited the Trinity Park duck pond before lunch.  Then after naps, she helped me decorate for my Mom and Dad's very small anniversary party that night.  It was just Jav and I and the three grandkids (Cade was spending the night with them while my brother and April attended a charity event that Pier One throws every year.)

We had a nice dinner, and were sort of wrapping things up when I remembered I wanted my Dad to see our new path (post to follow one day).  So we all headed outside.  The kids didn't even put any shoes on.  It was so pleasant, we ended up staying out there for about an hour.  The light was just right to take pictures, but even the pics don't show what a good time we all had.  And it was totally spontaneous.  It was one of those occasions I don't think we'll ever forget, it was so fun.  

No comments: