Friday, December 19, 2008

A mish-mash of topics

First off, 45 Christmas cards - DONE!!!  I just don't know if I want to do it again next year.  But IF  Jav can talk me into it again, I'm going to have to give up and go for the posed Christmas picture.  It's too stressful to try to get a good picture of a child (and pets) that refuse to sit still to have their pictures made.  

I've discovered a new TV show.  It's utterly unbelievable but very witty, charming and fun to watch.  Leverage - on TNT, starring Timothy Hutton (who has settled into middle age quite nicely, I might add), is like a short version of Ocean's Eleven without quite as many thieves.  Hutton plays a guy who has been wronged by his former employer and gets roped into leading a group of multi-talented thieves to rob big evil corporations.  Jav has also roped me into liking Life On Mars, about a police detective who wakes up from an accident and is suddenly in the 70's.  He's solving crimes, dealing with living in a time warp, all the while trying to figure out how to get back to the future.  Sounds corny, but it's actually been a really good show so far.  I just hope it isn't getting canceled.  That would suck.  Also, Big Love will be back on HBO on January 18th.  Yea!!!  I've missed my favorite polygamist family.  

 On the movie front, we've had Ironman from Netflix for almost a month now and can't seem to find time or energy to watch it.  Which is totally ridiculous, but true.   

And we're taking Gabriel to the best toy store in our area, Froggies, tomorrow to pick something out.  I'm hoping I can steer him towards a train set, but I really need to step aside and let him choose.  I think we're going to have fish and chips at The Old Monk for lunch afterwards if he's still in an agreeable mood.  With this weather we might even be able to sit outside.  

2 comments:

Gramma said...

We are big fans of "Life on Mars" too. I think it's the time traveling aspect that fascinates me. We loved "Journeyman" also, but it didn't last. We are eagerly awaiting the second season of "True Blood" on HBO. A long wait, I know.

Anonymous said...

I checked and Life on Mars returns on January 28th. Yea!!