Monday, February 09, 2009

Organized or OCD?

I'm a firm believer in lists.  Before I started getting old and forgetting things, I just liked to make them for the sheer pleasure of being able to cross things off of them.  Now I do it out of necessity, because if I don't write it down, it ain't gonna get done.    I make the standard lists - weekly grocery lists, to-call and to-do this week lists, and to-pack lists when we travel for me and Gabriel (Jav is on his own.)  

I guess these don't ramp me up to obsessive status.  

For the new year, I made a workout schedule that I haven't kept up with (even though I have been working out more here and there, it's just been whenever I had a few spare minutes).  I made a daily laundry list that I have been keeping up with.  My Mom finally voiced her worry when I told her I had made a nightly to-watch list since it seemed we never got anything watched on the DVR.  This one we haven't stuck with it at all, if that makes her feel any better.  

I also have the following lists in various forms of completion and scattered all over the house:

Possible book club choices (for both clubs)
Possible ITune song downloads
Possible yard plans with plants I'm thinking about
Birthdays and Christmas suggestion lists that I keep going all year long whenever I think of something
Ongoing project list

Now, looking over this post maybe it's time to admit I have a bit of a problem.  But I still contend that I'm just ultra-organized, and am able to actually get things done instead of wishing I could remember what it is I'm supposed to be doing.  

No comments: