Sunday, March 22, 2009

Me Want Meat!

OK, so I gave up all meat except fish for Lent this year, thinking it would be easier than giving up sweets.  I'd done pretty well up until last week.  I've been trying out some new recipes and have been trying to mix it up for dinners between fish, beans, eggs, and cheese or some combination.  Peanut butter has been a big player too.  But last week, I think I hit some kind of plateau.  I have been trying to work out more, and have been working hard in the yard, and am finding myself hungry ALL THE TIME.  Of course, Jav would say, "but aren't you always hungry all the time anyway?"  And yes, on some level I have a never-ending appetite.  But this is worse because I'm getting headaches and all the things that happen when you have low-blood sugar.  And apparently a lack of iron in my diet.  My cavewoman roots are starting to show and everything I look at eventually turns into a pork chop.  

I had thought maybe an extra side benefit would be some weight loss, but I'm eating so often in between meals that the opposite is taking place.  My poor husband gave up sweets, but has basically given up meat too since he eats what I fix, and we only eat out once a week.  But I'm determined to finish out the next three weeks.  Serves me right for thinking it would easy.

No comments: