Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Crazy Texas weather

Four days ago the high was 75 degrees and it was absolutely gorgeous outside. Hammockville, here we come!

Shoes? We don't need no stinkin' shoes! It always floors me to see Joel's perfect posture.

Fast forward to today. Humongous cold front blew in last night with temperatures lower than they have been in 10 years. The sleet was hitting the windows like a hard rain, and it thundered for about two hours. Notice Joel now has his dapper Cary Grant turtleneck on while he watched TV this morning.

Gabriel begged me to go outside, so it took us 10 minutes to get him dressed with all of his layers, double socks and mittens, which took the longest to put on. He wasn't too happy when, after all of that, I wanted to take his picture.

The view from the back door this morning.


Finally a smile. He had been running for five minutes and his cheeks are rosy from the wind. And I forgot to post this part yesterday: All day long Gabriel tried to convince me that because it had snowed, it must be Christmas Eve. Love the way his brain works!



2 comments:

Julie said...

I like Joel's turtleneck. Grace has a black one I bought her for her variety show performance this year (Blue Man Group song) that she has started wearing with black yoga pants to school. With that short new haircut she has quite the Laura Petrie look going on.

Kim said...

You just can't go wrong with a black turtleneck. It always looks classy-unless you have no neck! I would like to see a picture of Grace in hers!