Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Another birthday party

For JoJo! Yeah!



My brother and his two cute and wonderful kids.

We put up the ping pong table even though it was a bit chilly. Tita took advantage of some sunny moments.

Getting some soccer tips from Tia.

I decided to invite my cousin, Kristen and her husband, Vinnie, and their two girls (Rianna, 16 and Kalyn, 12). Even though they live in Lake Worth, we had not seen them in several years and they had never met Joel. We reconnected through Facebook and have been keeping up with each other again. It was SO good to have them. Their girls have grown so much, and both look like models. I forgot to get a picture of them, dang it. We will not let so much time go by without seeing them next time.

Gabriel and his sweet Tito.

Our dear neighbor and friend, Helen.

My uncle Dennis. He is married to my aunt Anita (my Dad's sister), who is in a nursing home. It had been awhile since we had him at any family events, and were so glad he decided to come.

The birthday boy, with his poor little runny nose.

Nothing a fistful of cake can't cure!

Cade spent the night before the party with us, and helped me more than I can say with all kinds of things. Macy stayed the night with us after everyone else went home. She was so proud to get to help Joel open his gifts.


Piggy back!


The handsome big brother.

Joel is changing by leaps and bounds. His sentences are getting easier to understand. He loves to count things, and sat at the piano today for 20 minutes playing. Not banging, playing. What two-year-old does that? The one who sees his big brother do it all the time, that's who. His favorite things to shout out are, "happy, happy, happy, happy", "ready to eat Mama!", "I did it Mama!" and "There's a monster truck" which he says about any truck of any size. We hope you had a happy, happy, happy, happy birthday, JoJo!

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a happy birthday party with so much family there with you!