Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring break

We didn't do anything special for Spring Break this year. I had wanted to make a list of neat places to take the boys like I did last year, but I had to work Tuesday and Wednesday so I gave up on that idea. But we managed to have a pretty fun week anyway.


Macy came to hang out with us for a whole day on Thursday. It was really good to get to spend time with her. We have fallen behind on our niece/nephew weekend stays. We played outside and she got to try out my new obstacle course idea (that I saw on Pinterest, thank you very much). Gabriel likes to run it once and then quits. But Macy was a trooper and even had me video her.


Cousins!

This is what happens when you spend the night with your Tia the night before, then spend all day with your cousin playing. Late afternoon nap. Of course he had trouble going to sleep that night even though we kept him up a little later.

Friday afternoon I took the boys to our friend Harper's party at Little Gym In hellish Spring Break/Friday afternoon/Parks Mall traffic no less. We were only a few minutes late, and the boys had a blast. This is Gabriel with Bennett. Bennett, Harper and Gabriel are friends through our neighborhood Moms group. We've been doing something once a month for about 2-1/2 years and they are starting to become better and better friends, which I love. I also really like their moms!



And of course, since the weather was beautiful, we played outside. A bunch. In fact, we didn't want to go inside for some of those days. This little guy is getting almost too big for the baby swing, which makes me sad.

In my next post I'll talk more about my yard project, which is where we found the old soaker hose that Gabriel decided to turn into a big pretend snake.

We had a play date with our new neighborhood friend Nicholas. Nicholas and Gabriel are complete opposites. Whereas Gabriel is bookish and artsy, Nicholas loves sports and was the fastest runner on our soccer team last fall. I was wondering if Gabriel could even keep up with him at the park, but he did great. But he was one tired boy that night. Sunday we took the boys to get new shoes for (hopefully) the next year, then dinner and more playing in the backyard. I used to complain about the early time change, but right now I'm thinking it was a fantastic idea!

No comments: