Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Flower bed project - success?




The top three pics are from the day Gabriel and I got everything planted.  We planted Mexican sage, (the tall ones with the purple cone flower clusters), another type of sage (the tiny pink flowers), what I think is yet another type of sage with the big red cone flowers, and purple lantana.  The big plant in the middle is my spindly rose bush, made more spindly than ever by Tucker chewing on it when we first brought him home.  The whole reason I created this garden space is because I wanted to move it from out from under my Turk's Cap.  I'm proud that everything I actually purchased is a perennial.

The bottom two pics were taken last weekend.  Look how some things have grown!  I'm going to have to cut the Mexican sage back so the red ones will still still get plenty of sun.  I'm thinking of transplanting the lantana, which hasn't done much of anything yet, to another bed in the back corner of the yard.  I know if it gets established and comes back neck year it will need more room anyway.  

But I'm so happy with how it turned out.  And with all of the red, pink and purple flowers, we should get more butterflies and hummingbirds!  




No comments: