Saturday, June 30, 2012

Father's Day

We went to Railhead for BBQ Saturday night with Jav's dad and forgot to take any pictures.  It wasn't a real kid friendly place, and neither of the boys liked their food.  It was ok, but won't be going back.  They didn't even have Shiner Bock on draft for God's sake!  What kind of a Texas restaurant do they think they're running?  We had to settle for Ziegenbock.  But Jav's dad seemed to enjoy everything, so that's what mattered.  


And what do we love about Father's Day, along with getting to honor all the great Dads in our lives?  DONUTS!!!!!!!  The 2nd time this year we get donuts and sausage rolls for breakfast (the 1st being Mother's Day).



Jav, the greatest Dad in the world (alright, tied with my dad), and his boys.  We were supposed to go over to my mom and dad's but they had a carpet issue and asked if I would host at the last minute.  Since I hadn't had the family over since Christmas (!!!!!), I agreed.  Mom and Dad brought the food, so I just had to make sure the house looked halfway decent.





Three of four cousins making silly faces, while the fourth one just looks at them like they're crazy!


Luckily it wasn't too hot to get the hammock out.


My dad and his two babies!

Mamaw and Poppy and their clan.



Staged, true, but funny nonetheless.


We had pizza and salad and birthday cake (it was also my sister-in-law's birthday).  Poor April always has to share her birthday with Father's Day festivities.    But it was a really fun day and I'm glad we got to spend time with everyone.

No comments: