Sunday, November 11, 2012

Halloween

We love Halloween at our house.  We made a few changes to our decorations this year.  We moved Stuey Skeleton to the Graveyard Fence.  I think he settled in nicely there.  And Gus was moved from his regular spot (seen in the picture below), where he would greet our Trick or Treaters on the porch, further down to just outside the front door.  This actually worked well, because parents would back up a little once I answered the door and invariably set off Gus to laugh his scary laugh.  


Gus is definitely everyone's favorite.  We talk to him constantly.  He's like a pet that only comes around for a month or so each year.  I said goodbye to him and thanked him for a job well done when I folded his arms down, took his batteries out and put him away until next year.  



The picture below shows our new addition this year:  A giant motion-activated spider.  When people walked underneath him he would light up, laugh, and his legs would go up and down.  Awesome.  It took me two days after work to construct a web big and strong enough to hold him.  I was pretty proud of how it came out, and many parents/older trick or treaters told me how cool he was.



We visit the grandparents every year.  Jav's dad had a doctor's appointment and didn't make it back in time for pictures this year.



Pumpkinhead has become one of my favorite decorations.  We name all of them so that they won't seem so scary to the boys.  Joel would say bye-bye to all of them when we left the house every day. 


Joel and our neighborhood friend, Lachlan, who was a candy corn.


Gabriel and Lachlan's older brother Bennett, who DOES NOT like having his picture taken.  


I love these next two of Gabriel, and I love how much he gets into Halloween.  He is still coming up with ideas for haunted houses, causing Jav and I to wonder if there would be a market for a Halloween Party Planner as a career one day.  He would ROCK at that job.  



I love this picture.  It was the last one I took that night, just before I took Joel to have a bath.  He is tired, his makeup is running down his face because of some meltdown (or several) he had, and he just looks so scary.  I'm coming for you, Mommy - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!


We can't wait until next year!

No comments: