Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Where is that publicist when you need her?

I have never been a Tom Cruise fan. He bores me as an actor. So I have been watching with a hidden (until now) bit of delight as his mouth slowly starts to nibble away at his acting career.

I don't like to knock anyone's "religion", and I don't know enough about scientology to comment on. I just think it should be a private matter, no matter how famous you are. I can only guess as to why he thinks that all of a sudden, he can spout forth all of these very strong but slightly crazy opinions about things without his fan base sitting up and taking notice. I mean, yes, he's stirring up all kinds of publicity, but is ALL publicity GOOD publicity? How does he have time to read up on the history of psychology (or was it psychiatry?), including pouring over research papers on Ritalin, Prozac and other prescription drugs? I can think of alot more worthwhile things to do with his time in between movies. Like looking in a mirror and saying over and over to himself, "I am not that special".

The saddest part of all of this is Katie Holmes, who appears to be totally brainwashed. Can you imagine the horror of sitting through dinner after dinner listening to him go on and on? If she had half a brain cell to begin with, that little voice that tells women to "run away, run away quickly" when they're on a first date SHOULD have kicked in. I only hope that she snaps out of it like Nicole and Penelope did before the best years of her life are gone.

Anyway, if anyone besides Tom was in War of the Worlds, I would probably be interested. As it is, I will search out a less boring actor to go see this summer. Like maybe Russell Crowe.

No comments: