Thursday, June 30, 2005

Go Venus Go

I am really excited about Wimbledon this year. I think Serena Williams plays fabulous tennis, but I've felt a little sorry for Venus ever since her little sister took over the spotlight. I think playing a younger sibling would definitely affect an older sibling more than a younger one. (Probably because I am an older sibling). She'll have a tough match tomorrow against Maria Sharipova, but I'm glad to see Venus having such a fantastic tournament so far. She's quieter, wiser and older. Three great reasons to root for her.

2 comments:

junebee said...

I don't know. I sort of like to see someone, ANYONE, beat a Williams because they were invincible for so long. Doesn't matter to me so long as it's a good match.

Kim said...

I have to admit that the more I thought about it, the more I realized I was rooting for Lindsey Davenport. It's so sad she had an injury, but it was still an exciting match!