Friday, June 09, 2006

The ugly truth

Something in my life has caused me to become a complainer. I don't think I used to do this. I complain about the little complexities of life that can drive you crazy. I complain about how I feel. I complain about how there's never enough time to get everything done on my to-do list in my head. The weird thing, though, is that I consider myself to be pretty happy person. In fact, I am at the happiest place I've ever been in throughout my whole adult life. I honestly can't figure out why I do this. I guess complaining is like nail-biting - a very bad habit that I need to break. I think something that may help is focusing more on the current moment, and not thinking so much about what I need to do tomorrow, or when I get home from work, or what I didn't get done the day before. It's really hard to actually do, though.

1 comment:

ibt365, aka brian said...

Thich Nhat Hanh's PEACE IS EVERY STEP
"The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life"
A most wonderful read, found many, many years ago.