Sunday, July 16, 2006

Great meals

We went to my brother and sister-in-law's for lunch today, which is always fun. But I had to comment on the food today. You couldn't have paid for a meal better than that anywhere. Philip cooked a brisket in the crockpot and grilled some chicken breasts, both of which just melted in our mouths they were so tender and juicy and full of flavor. April made red potatoes with cheese, Mom made Golden Glow (a lemon and orange jello mixture with shredded carrots and crushed canned pineapple that was one of my grandmother's favorite recipes), and I contributed with fresh green beans with walnuts and lemon juice. April also made a wonderful cheesecake and topped it with strawberries and blueberries. Cade's award winning comment of the day was, "Daddy, I gotta tell ya, I love this brisket. I reaaaaaaaaaaally love it." I think we all felt that way.

There's nothing so special as sitting around a table with your family, sharing laughter and good food. We are so blessed to be able to do it so often.

No comments: