Monday, August 28, 2006

I love TV again

Jav very much surprised me with a DVR for my birthday. We had batted the idea around, thinking that once the baby comes our TV watching hours may be very strange, but we sort of ruled it out based on cost and I thought that was the end of it. Turns out he had already run with the idea (sorry, honey, but you must admit it was a Homer gift!).

I had almost stopped watching TV three or four years ago. But since I met Jav I have rediscovered how fun it can be to catch your favorite shows every week. And no matter how bad it may be for your brain, it's nice to unwind to. Right now we're excited about the US Open, and catching some of those matches that they show while we're at work. We want to see Agassi hopefully go out with a bang. As far as network shows, I know we'll be taping The Office and My Name is Earl every week. And we'll be excited to start the Sopranos once it's back. I'd also love to have the time to catch The Daily Show every night, and maybe even add one of the late night guys. I think I'm still a Letterman fan above everybody else, but with the option to go later I'm curious about Conan and Craig Ferguson (who my Mom thinks is great). But I doubt I'll have the time or energy to watch that much TV. It's just nice to know it's there if I do.

No comments: