Friday, January 12, 2007

Payback

I always make slight fun of all the people who go to the grocery store to stock up on food when we have ice/sleet/snow predicted in North Texas. I mean, even if we actually get one of those things, how likely is it that a) it will stick, and b) it will continue for more than one day. There are always people who have baskets full of food like they are early settlers preparing for the long winter ahead.

We had planned a trip to Fredericksburg tomorrow, just a one-nighter. Our first trip with Gabriel, and I've been packing all day. When the weather prediction all of sudden got worse, we decided to cancel our trip. Thinking we'd be gone this weekend, I didn't do any grocery shopping. I have NO food in the house. No soup, no meat, no fruit. Just peanut butter and bread, and about seven different kinds of cheese. I guess that will have to last us until someone comes to dig us out.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hee hee - I went to the store after dinner tonight. Not enough milk to last the weekend (I'd planned on going tomorrow morning until the weather changed). And yes, I did have a full basket. Of course, I look at it that I was at the store without any kids so I needed to make the most of it.

Anonymous said...

Just let me know if ya'll get weak from hunger. I'll saddle Hannah up to the sled and we will mush on over there and bring you supplies.
(P.S I LOVE the picture of Sandra and Gabriel.)