Sunday, June 24, 2007

June has been busting out all over

This month has been a little hectic, needless to say. I had my wonderful girls weekend in Fredericksburg over the 2nd weekend (full posting to come). The trip was SO fun and therapeutic, but it was a little hard to be away from Gabriel. Jav and Gabriel and I traveled to Monterrey Mexico for 4 nights the next weekend to visit Jav's aunts, uncle and cousins and introduce everybody to Gabriel (full posting to come). This in itself was very stressful to get ready for, because I had to have all suitcases packed, all toys and baby food and baby gear bagged up, plus food for our breakfasts and lunches and snacks bought and bagged up so that Jav's parents could take everything in their truck (they drove, we flew). Plus they stayed an extra day, so we didn't get our stuff back until a couple of days after we got home. I've been playing catch up on housework and laundry ever since, and can't seem to get caught up on my sleep. I feel like I've been packing or unpacking for the last month! I've also had pet stresses, with Fred not eating before we left and now still not feeling too good after his surgery. I was also pretty upset about having to leave Stanley for the trip to Monterrey-he's moving really slow these days and I didn't want to be gone if anything happened, to say nothing of what it would have put my parents through. Speaking of my parents, they are in Colorado with some friends, and we are keeping their dog for 8 nights. And to cap off the month, we're going to see The Police Wednesday night. I think I will finally be rested up enough to really enjoy the show.

As of today, we only have two things to do in July. But for some reason, the activities always multiply every time we turn around.

No comments: