Monday, June 25, 2007

Are ya sure this is Texas?

The weather so far this summer has been so refreshing. This is a sentence I don't believe I've ever uttered before. By the end of June, we are normally having upper 90 to 100 degree highs with no chance for rain until the Fall. But so far, we've had rain on and off for the whole month and have barely broken 90 degrees. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 82! I have always wondered what a "normal" summer experience would be like, where summer is meant to be enjoyed and not just endured. Where it is pleasant to sit outside in the late afternoons, instead of hiding in an air-conditioned house. Where you can feel the cool morning air on your arms in the early morning, instead of the muggy, hard to breath, leftover-from-the-night-before heavy air. Where there is still green everywhere you look, instead of dull, crisp browns. This is going to make me realize what I have been missing all of these summers, and I might just refuse to go back.

No comments: