Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Oh where, oh where has my energy gone?

I've been fretting about something over the past few months. I don't seem to have any energy to do anything lately. I know it takes alot of energy to have a 9-month-old, especially when he weighs 26 pounds. But I used to be able to get SO much done. When Gabriel finally started taking two decent naps a day, I would clean house or work on laundry the whole time he was sleeping. Now, I have to force myself to not lay down and either nap or watch TV every time he takes a nap. I'm barely getting daily chores done. What is the deal? Is it just because I had a child late in life and my age has caught up with me? Have I lost my work ethic and am now just lazier than I used to be? I really want to have another baby, but sometimes I wonder if I'll be able to physically handle it. I have many friends who have two or even three kids, and they seem to run circles around me. Maybe it's just that you find the energy to do what you have to do, when you have to do it, no more and no less. I'm going to go lay down and think about it some more.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I hope I'm not one of those people you think runs circles around you, because if that is the case we don't have more energy - we just fake it really well!

Kim said...

Yes-you were one of the Moms I was thinking about. I remember being at your house when your Dad made the comment for me to be sure and sleep while Gabriel's sleeping, and I think we both told him that once the baby is a certain age it's really no longer appropriate to take a nap when they nap. That was back when I still had energy, and now I am revising that age to at least one year!