Sunday, August 19, 2007

I fought the law..at 11 months old

Jav had told me that pushing the buttons on the telephone provided Gabriel with a source of entertainment for a good 10 minutes or so, just long enough to check emails and maybe even answer a couple. So today he was pushing like crazy, and I was listening for the dial tone, just in case, and it starts ringing. But he hit a button before I could get to it. This happened 3 times before I finally took it away from him, thinking it was Jav calling from DC where he was been in his good friend's wedding. The phone rang, and it was the FW fire department. Someone in our home had just dialed 911. I was horrified, and apologized about 3 times, explaining it was my baby boy playing with the phone. The guy was very nice about it, had me verify my address and said he would cancel the call. So about 4 minutes later the doorbell rings. It was, of course, the police. I humbly opened the door (as humble as I could be with a towel wrapped around my head and a feisty boy in my arms), explained what had happened, had to give my name and birth date, and apologize like crazy a few more times.

We have both learned today that the telephone is not a toy.

1 comment:

Julie said...

HAH! See my post on Nov 15, 2005. Much to my chagrin Alex did the same thing. I didn't get the call back to check - I just had the police show up at the door while trying to get Alex down for his nap. Oh so embarrassing.