Thursday, October 18, 2007

Busy Bees

We have been so busy lately, which is my excuse for not posting in such a long time. We had Gabriel's birthday party on September 29th. The following Wednesday, I had the book club over for dinner and discussion of ,"A Passage to India" by E.M. Forster. Then I was asked to help out with our Neighborhood Association newsletter when the woman who works on it dislocated her shoulder. I ended up over at her house helping six different days over the course of two weeks. A couple of those times I had Gabriel, who just decided to enter his, "I want Mommy, or maybe Daddy, and no one else" stage, which was fun to deal with. I've learned that a newsletter, or at least a good one, is alot more work than I realized! But I really enjoyed myself, met some wonderful ladies, and will hopefully get to help out some next month too.

We put up Halloween decorations the Sunday before last, which ended up taking almost all day, but we had a blast doing it. Then we went to Lufkin for the day to visit a family friend last Saturday (what a gorgeous day for a road trip), and finally celebrated Jav's birthday at his sister's on Sunday. We visited my friend Cobra Monday. We had our Neighborhood Association meeting Tuesday night. And now we are about to head for the beach (Padre) this coming Saturday, and I haven't even begun to pack anything yet.

AND in between all of this, I'm trying to listen to the last Harry Potter book in the car. My poor son will probably speak with an English accent for the rest of his life because I have been OBSESSED with finishing before we left for our trip. But the realization hit me today that not only am I missing out on some fun, quality time with Gabriel in the car, but also that I want to make this book last as long as possible. So with three and a half CD's to go, I am putting it aside until we return. Which took more willpower than anything I've ever tried to do, or not do, before.

Eventually I will get around to posting some Gabriel party pictures, Lufkin trip pictures, and hopefully we'll get some good beach ones too. Coming up after that we have Halloween, a trip to Fredericksburg with my Mom and Gabriel, and then somehow Thanksgiving has creeped up on us and we'll be heading off for Pennsylvania. Oh, and speaking of bees, that's what Gabriel's going to be for Halloween. I'm sure this will come up in one of his therapy sessions later in life, but he loves it when I make my bee buzz noise, so it seemed like the best choice.

No comments: