Friday, March 07, 2008

My Waterbaby

Gabriel starts swim lessons for the first time Monday morning, and I get to take the lessons with him. We decided to go with Emler Swim School in Arlington because we got more bang for our buck there. He missed the first 6 weeks of a 20 week session, but they assure me that doesn't really matter at this age. We visited today so I could see the layout and sort of know what to expect, and I really liked what I saw and was impressed with the few people I met (they didn't have a class until later this afternoon). He's only been in a pool once, and it took him a really long time to relax, but I'm hoping seeing other kids moving around will give him courage. I can't wait to see how he reacts. I think it will end up being really fun for the two of us.

No comments: