Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The merry, merry month of May

Our busiest month is, without a doubt, May. Forget the holidays. This month trumps them by a long shot. We have a ton of birthdays, our anniversary, and Mother's Day that all fall within the same week every year. This week I have our book club on Wednesday, anniversary dinner with my wonderful hubby on Thursday, Grace's birthday party on Saturday, then my Mom and Dad over for lunch Sunday, and dinner at my sister-in-law's for Jav's Mom early Sunday evening. Yikes!

Plus this year the following week is still pretty hectic. Gabriel and I are going to Fredericksburg with my Mom from the 14th to the 16th, the family's coming for lunch on the 17th, and we're supposed to go out with friends that same night. Double Yikes!

We are so blessed to have so much family and so many friends that live close, and I'm learning that instead of panicking when I look at the calendar, to look forward to each and every event. Yes, we'll be tired here and there, but we'll also have loads of fun and some great new memories to reminisce about.

So far it looks like things slow up a little towards the last week and weekend of the month, with nothing planned so far on Memorial Day weekend. The only thing I'm planning is yardwork and naps.

No comments: