Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A new tradition is born

Jav and I had a house project we worked on Sunday morning while Tia Sandy took Gabriel for a wonderfully fun morning at the park.  We had some time when we finished so we decided to go have lunch, something that can be a little hard on the nerves with Gabriel lately.  We needed to run another errand in the TCU area, so Jav picked a sandwich place just across the street from the campus called Potbelly Sandwich Works.  I may have seen one, but wasn't really familiar with them at all.  As I started eating my fantastically good sandwich (The Italian), and sipping my Key Lime bottled soda, I asked him where he'd eaten at one before, and he said he dined at one at an airport before coming home from our friends Mark and Chey's wedding last year.  I started thinking, and realized it was exactly one year ago this past weekend.  So the weekend nearest August 18th (their actual anniversary), has now been deemed the Annual Potbelly Weekend, where we will venture out for our once a year sandwich feast. 

And it will be a happy weekend indeed.

No comments: