Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First carousel ride




A little over a week ago, we went to lunch with Jav's family for his Mom's birthday at Cheesecake Factory. That place has some GOOD food, although I think their menu is so extensive that it's hard for people to make a decision. They need to pare it down a bit. We decided to split three different kinds of cheesecake for dessert: Chocolate, Red Velvet (with delectable cream cheese icing), and Dulce de Leche. I tried really hard to not pig out and eat more than anyone else.

After we finished, everyone was really full, and Jav's Mom and sister had the brilliant idea of walking into The Parks mall to let Gabriel ride their huge indoor carousel. So we all took a little walk to walk off our lunch, and Jav was voted the one to ride with Gabriel. He was a little apprehensive, but mostly excited. He picked out a horse and when the thing started moving, I don't think I've ever seen him smile that big! It was great fun to watch and try to get pictures every time they sped by. He of course wanted to ride it again, and this time picked out a tiger to ride. It really did make the day even more special. Now I know it will be a blast to take him someplace that has even more rides-once I'm in a little better shape to do that!

1 comment:

Julie said...

My kids always LOVED carousels. So much so that a rainy day (or 100 degree summer day) activity for us was run-down Valley View Mall. Carousel, play area and McDonalds in the food court. My kids were in heaven.