Saturday, September 12, 2009

The laziest day I have had in a long time

What does a schedule look like on a nonstop rain-filled Saturday, when it's just me and Gabriel and he has a cold?

7:am Get up, feed pets, empty litter boxes with hazmat uniform on, take out garbage (gee I miss Jav right about now).
7:45am Gabriel wakes up, still has low-grade fever, we realize we're stuck at home again all day. Sigh. Call brother to cancel on my late birthday get together in Weatherford today. Double sigh.
8:15 am Turn on Noggin, fix waffles and bananas for breakfast.
9:am Work on computer for awhile while Gabriel watches Dora video. For the hundredth time.
10:am Read the paper while Gabriel reads some truck books. Do some laundry.
11:a.m. Play in Gabriel's room. Make a dinosaur playground out of his Sesame Street garage, including a swing I rig from string and a thick rubber band. Try to remember the different voices I use for all of his little cars. Build some skyscrapers with blocks in the living room. Knock all the skyscrapers down.
12:pm Watch the rain and some hummingbirds out of the picture window.
12:30 Fix lunch - quesadillas
1:15 Read a bunch of books and get him down for a nap. He falls asleep before I finish singing to him, which is just so sweet. Finish up the laundry for the day, print out some Real Simple recipes I copied from the magazines and start a binder.
1:45 Nap time for me, too.
3:45!!! Wake up and take a shower. Ahhhhhh.
4:00 Gabriel wakes up and wants to play some more. We have juice and pretzels and turn Noggin on again. I clean the master bathroom, the only real productive thing I did today.
4:45 Rest and watch Ni Hao Ki Lan with Gabriel and try to learn some Chinese.
5:15 Turn off the TV and play some more in Gabriel's room, and push cars back and forth down the hallway.
6:30 Go to Chic-Fil-A for dinner. It finally stopped raining for about 15 minutes. Sing with the Laurie Berkner CD while driving. Get stuck in a massive traffic jam coming home due to a bad accident. 2 police cars, 1 ambulance and 3 fire trucks try to squeeze past the traffic, even on two bridges where there was no place to pass. Even Gabriel was concerned after awhile. Tried not to look at the accident, and said a little prayer for all the people involved as we drove past.
7:15 Finally make it home and eat dinner. Yummo! Decide to have ice cream for dessert. German Chocolate, my favorite. Double Yummo! Gabriel is an extremely happy camper about now.
8:15 Decide Gabriel doesn't need a bath since we have done absolutely nothing all day.
9:00 We talk to Jav, calling from his cousin's wedding in Mexico. He sounds a little tipsy, but it's good to hear from him.
9:30 Finish reading books, turn on the lullaby glow-in-the-dark toy that makes jungle animals go around in a circle on the ceiling, Gabriel almost falls asleep watching it. He murmurs, "Mama I had a really fun day today" to me, and I tell him I did too! I just about melt I love him so much.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh, those last couple sentences made me melt too!