Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday song, my pacifier for this week

Something about her voice just soothes me like a warm blanket on a cool night.  I've been addicted to her this week.  This week was better at work, worse regarding Gabriel and school.  He hates it and has been waking up crying in the middle of the night.  Just praying at this point for him to find peace.




I am adding on to this because I forgot to write something funny this morning, and I was late for work.

Many years ago I was driving my mom and I to Fredericksburg for a weekend trip to visit my grandmother.  I was excited for my mom to hear Gillian Welch, who I had just discovered and thought was amazing.  I popped in her first CD, "Hell Among the Yearlings", and was instantly taken to another time and place, and of course, calmed by her voice.  My mom quietly listened to about four songs, then in the middle of the fifth song, with her face totally deadpan, said, "If you don't take that depressing CD out I will grab the steering wheel and plunge the car into the next ravine we cross."

So I did.  To each his (or her) own, I guess!  Makes me laugh every time I think about it.

No comments: