Monday, April 28, 2008

PrairieFest

We had a wonderful early evening at the 3rd Annual Prairie Fest Saturday night. It went on all day, but we didn't get there until 5:30 or so. We (includes me, Jav, Aunt Sandie and Gabriel) wanted to hear Brave Combo play from 6 to 7:30. I wish we'd have gone a little earlier, though, because we didn't have time to walk all the booths before they started closing down for the day. There were lots of environmentally friendly businesses, organic gardening booths, artists, food and local brewed beer. Very cool. Me being the Earth Mama that I am, I felt very much in my element. They were conducting tours of the grassland prairie up until dark. We hiked a short distance (it probably seemed long to Gabriel's stubby legs), and saw some beautiful wildflowers and some fantastic views of Fort Worth. And OF COURSE we forgot to bring a camera. It might have been the prettiest weather we'll see all year - and was definitely perfect for polka-ing, which Gabriel and I did several times. We saw people from church, people from our neighborhood, and lots of people dancing like fools. FUN, FUN, and more FUN!!! We will definitely go back next year.

No comments: