Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Fall is in the air

And it's about darn time!  Although it's still pretty warm.  I need to start putting up the Halloween decorations, but just can't get into the right mood yet.

I'm also having a really hard time trying to figure out Gabriel's Halloween costume this year.  It's not like I can just ask him what he wants to be yet.  Last year the bumblebee was a pretty last minute thing, based only on the fact that he at least knew what a bee was and liked the sound Mama made every time we talked about one.  

I started out looking for Dipsy costumes (for those not in the know, he's the green and very hipster Telletubby).  But he's starting to distance himself from them so I gave up.  Plus they are a little harder to find and more expensive than other costumes.  

A few weekends ago we searched three stores for a costume and didn't come up with anything.  Then Gabriel and I were in Toys R Us and found an alligator costume that was pretty cute and in his size, so I grabbed it up.  I've put it on him once, and he smiled at himself in the mirror, but then after five minutes he wanted to remove that thing hanging down over his head and that was the end of that.  I don't know if I want to battle with him Halloween night to keep the head part on.  I probably should try to put him in it some more.  But I kept the receipt, and it may be going back.

The thing I really want him to be is The Count from Sesame Street.  He's started counting everything (with little hums instead of numbers), and loves to do the Count's laugh afterwards.  A generic vampire costume could probably be tricked up a little to make this work.  Jav had the idea to stencil some numbers on it, which is a really good idea.  

I know I'm over-thinking, but it's only because I really don't want to put a costume on him until next year when he can pick out what he wants to be.  But then, oooh would I have some grandparents mad at me.

No comments: